Brexit and EU Students Update

Brexit has now been concluded, and the United Kingdom is no longer part of the EU.

We are now being regularly asked what this means for students from Europe who want to come to study with us in Richmond in Summer 2021.

Well, the good news is that if you don’t want to stay too long, then it remains much the same as it was before.

If you are a European citizen, you can study for up to 6 months at Richmond English School without needing any sort of visa.

However, if you wish to study for longer than 6 months in the UK, then you will need a visa, only issued if you are booked in with an Accredited English Language course provider, which Richmond English School is not at the time of writing.

You should also note that you may continue to travel to the UK on an EU identity card until October of this year, and after that you will need a passport – so for this summer your EU ID card remains valid.

Check out our short Brexit video below.

So, we hope to see you back in Summer 2021!

13 views0 comments